Friday, March 20, 2009

2009 Summer line...in the works!

I'm very excited about working on designs for the summer! As a designer, I'm sad to say I'm always behind the seasons and not ahead the way the fashion world works. I don't get to my Christmas, Valentines, Halloween etc. until 3 wks before the holiday and seasonal clothing is done in the middle, not before the season starts with me. I work full-time so it's hard to get everything done the way I want.

I am putting my foot done on my procrastination and making an effort to get on track. For me that means ignoring Spring this year. I really won't do many Spring designs so that I can focus all my attention on Summer, and after July I'll go right into Fall. I plan on taking the whole month of April off (no custom orders) to get as much done as possible.

I plan on using lots of color, bright and unique prints and unexpected color combos. Cute summer halter dresses, twirl skirts, embellished tank tops and jean capris are just a few things on my list! You'll see lots of ruching, lace, unique trims put to creative use as well! I have soooo many ideas and deigns that have been floating around in my head! Many of the outfits will be one-of-a-kind, not to be duplicated. Also in an effort to make good use of the fruits of my addiction (FABRIC) I will be using up fabric I have had on hand for 2 yrs or more. I will giving sneak peeks very soon! STAY TUNED!!!!

No comments: